Tuesday 7 June 2011

The idea is not to learn to think, it's to learn to organize what you think... 
so, I'll make sure it's neat and tidy...:) 




so... it's been a while... I don't have an excuse like university, Work, school, chores.... I've been going out, chilling on Facebook and neglecting my responsibilities... I've had things that should have kept me busy, but I was neglecting them. Procrastination... 
I let my tangled curly wild hair hang loose... and now, I have a pile of work I need to get done with no visible beginning... 
[huge sigh and looks to the left at the large pile of manuals and pens] aaaaaaaah!... it's coming for me!!!!!! [slaps face to bring herself back to reality...]

Procrastination - is like getting really drunk, feels awesome when its happening... but in the morning.when it catches up (dot dot dot) <--- insert words of your choice...

still knowing this about procrastination... I sit here, avoiding working... avoiding studying... avoiding making appointments... in an unreality of my making... 
and when I think about the amount of work I need to get done and the deadlines I've missed that are making people slightly irritated... I get... depressed about it [hoookay, exaggeration much??? ] and choose not to think about it instead of just doing the work and being happy as a whole and not just when I'm not thinking about it.... because it's more fun to not do it... it's more fun to laugh and joke and mess around... it's more fun to shake off responsibilities to not care about anything but doing the fun stuff... or is it?...

after a length of time of ignoring your responsibilities guilt catches up... stress becomes evident... worry... [pimples for some of us]... the small builds up to the medium...to the large and at the end we are left with things we can't handle on our own... ok, that hardly happens... but it does for a lot of people..especially people like me...  we cram the night before an exam and pray we pass, we scratch a project together and rely on "copy and paste" and "synonyms" to make it seam like we did something, when we're fooling no one but still passing and feeling a great relief when we see 40.03% ... not a good mark... but good enough for now... we'll try harder later... trust me, later hardly ever comes around... 

for those of you who hardly procrastinate and have schedules, and to-do-lists... and actually organise yourselves... I really do admire you, my best friend is like that, sure she procrastinates sometimes, but, her procrastination is healthy... is almost planned... d[O0.]b ... yes I did just accuse her of planning her procrastination!!!!! mwahahahaha!!!!.... what you going to do about it?????... that's what I thought!...[ok, cooling of my buttons now...]

so, procrastination, isn't the best of things... it's good to do sometimes, it's good to let your hair loose, but excessive procrastination that lands you up in a huge hole...not so good... if a few hours have past and your still putting whatever it is off.... know that you need to start getting your buttons on it... because my friend has something going there... if you know you're not going to feel like doing it, give yourself a few hours to sulk and procrastinate... then after that... start moving... why?... because stress doesn't look good on anyone and you wouldn't shoot yourself in the foot literally...so why do it metaphorically???....

so, before I spiral into a procrastinating disaster.... I'm going to turn left [not scream and hide] and pick up a manual... and a pen... it's like working out, if we take a walk every day to keep fit we won't feel like we're dying when all of a sudden we choose to go for a run to get fit. moderation... doing the work as it comes so we don't have a scary pile in the end... 

plan procrastination... 
Organize the work load so that it never overwhelms you.... plan and Organize the fun so that you never feel like your drowning in work and responsibilities. Balance. plan work so it's never too much, plan fun so you have something to look forward to when your doing the hard work...:)... 

so, I'm going to start with my pile that I've left till the last minute... okay, I'm hungry so I'll get a bite to eat first... but the first thing I do after eating will be that pile... Brownie Promise...:D


so this is ButtonGirl popping in...and falling off this coat...peace






No comments:

Post a Comment